WellSpace Health's Women's Health Department provides obstetric and gynecological healthcare in a caring and competent way for women of all …Read More
Birth & Beyond, Family Resource Center
Prenatal Care (pregnancy-related)
Our team of professionals is here to increase the likelihood of delivering a healthy baby through early and regular prenatal care. We help patients plan for a positive childbirth experience through education and empowerment. We offer emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. One of our physicians is always on call should a patient experience an emergency.
The prenatal and childbirth services we provide include:
- Office visits with one of our physicians or nurse practitioners
- Delivery with one of our physicians
- Personalized labor and childbirth management
- Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP)
- Extensive patient education
- Sweet Success for prenatal patients with gestational diabetes
The family services we offer include:
- Birth & Beyond (a home visitation program for families with infants and toddlers)
- Family Resource Center (open to the community; offers activities/events; support groups, parenting classes, after-school programs, child development programs and more)
Birth & Beyond provides a home visitation program for families with infants and toddlers as well as a Family Resource Center that serves the general community.
The Birth & Beyond Home Visitation Program is for pregnant women and families with new babies (0 to 3 months old) who live in Sacramento County and who do not have an open case with Child Protective Services. Home visitation services may be offered until the child is five years old. The family is assigned a home visitor who will put parents in touch with supportive services for the family such as parenting classes to help nurture children’s development. Birth & Beyond also helps these families get connected with the community, access prenatal care, obtain health coverage for children, and to meet the many other needs and challenges parents have in raising their children.
The Family Resource Center is open to anyone in the community; there are no eligibility requirements. The Family Resource Center, in North Highlands on Watt Avenue, offers UC Davis Clinic prenatal care for families who qualify. We also have family movie nights, parenting classes, several types of support groups, after-school programs, child development groups, and many other resources.
We are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For questions regarding the Birth & Beyond Home Visitation Program or the Family Resource Center, call (916) 679-3925. (Birth & Beyond FRC)
Share this page with a friend: