Health Education – Healthy Living Series
The goal of the program is to provide WellSpace Health patients with the necessary knowledge and skills to improve their daily well-being and live long healthy lives using our patient-centered health home model. If you are a WellSpace Health patient, talk to your provider about referring you to our Health Education Department!
About the Programs
Our Health Education Program offers a series of classes which include:
Diabetes Management & Prevention Program
- Learn about the fundamentals of diabetes to manage your blood glucose numbers, recognize healthier food options, physical activity recommendations, and stress management.
Blood Pressure & Cholesterol Management Program
- Learn about the importance of a healthier diet to prevent other complications related to high blood pressure and cholesterol. This program aims to provide our patients with an understanding of their blood pressure and/or cholesterol numbers while empowering them to take small steps to a healthier lifestyle.
- Now offering a self-monitoring remote blood pressure program to patients that qualify!
Healthy Lifestyles Program
- Learn about the basic nutrition and healthy lifestyle information that is essential for your well-being and to prevent any chronic conditions. Topics include:
- Healthy eating (MyPlate)
- Stress management
- Exercise plans and recommendations
- In addition to nutrition services, Health Educations offers infectious disease services including comprehensive testing, treatment, and prevention services to reduce health risks for you and your partner.