Provides and manages direct patient care, infants through the geriatric population, in WellSpace Health Community Health Centers. Assures the adequacy and appropriateness of medical care provided to patients in Sacramento and/or Amador.
Flexible work hours are provided and no weekend work schedule.
Status: Full-Time, Regular
Open Date: October 1, 2018
Closing Date: November 30, 2018
Contact Information: Dr. Janine Bera, firstname.lastname@example.org
WellSpace Health is one of Sacramento’s premier non-profit organizations proudly serving the homeless and underserved community of Sacramento for over 40 years. We offer professional services including: high quality primary health care; family planning; women’s health including OB; immunizations; well child care and testing; diagnosis and treatment; addiction treatment; mental health counseling and pediatric dentistry.
We are a leader in integrated care, blending physical health services with our well-known addiction and mental health treatment. We also offer a range of medical products through community partnerships including our T3 Program (Triage, Transport and Treat) that reduces Emergency Room overcrowding and our Interim Care Program (ICP) that reduces medical relapse following hospital discharge. In 2010 we have opened the first pediatric dentist clinic in the Sacramento area for our community.
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Training, and Licensure):
- Currently licensed to practice medicine in the State of California;
- Current Board Certification in Emergency Medicine (ABEM or AOBEM) only, Family Practice or Internal Medicine or may be board eligible;
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration Registration;
- Presentation of Certificate of Insurance;
- Current BCLS, ACLS and PALS certifications;
- Complete patient charting and billing within 72 hours of patient visit;
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Additional languages preferred;
- Basic computer knowledge.
Successful candidate will receive regionally competitive salary, above average health benefits at reduced costs, company paid life insurance & long term disability insurance, additional voluntary retirement plan with company match and no vesting schedule requirement.
- Paid bereavement and jury duty leave.
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- 160 hours of PTO (for full-time work, 40 hours a week).
- Flexible Spending Program.
- HRSA Student Loan Repayment Program available for providers and nurses.
- Company paid malpractice insurance for all providers.
- Professional development hours and allowance offered annually.
- In-house management and leadership training.
Share this page with a friend: